The Create Thumbnail tool automates several manual steps normally required in the Family Editor. It Automates the following items:
- 3D View creation
- Sets the Angle Top+Front+Right
- Names the 3D view as per your preference i.e. 'Thumbnail'
- Sets the visual style as per your preference i.e. 'Shaded with Edges'
- Saves the orientation and locks the view
- Sets the scale at 1:1 to give thin crisp edges to the thumbnail preview
- Sets the Level of Detail to 'Fine' to display as much information as possible.
- In the Family Editor, open or create a family.
- Click 'Create Thumbnail'
- In the dialogue box, define the Thumbnail view name i.e. 'Preview' or 'Thumbnail'
- Decide if the tool should automatically lock the orientation and save the view name at the same time.
- Set the Visual Style to your preferred option.
- Click 'Generate' to see the 3D view appear in the project browser.