One of the powerful features of Content Studio is the ability to tag thousands of families with keywords in a few seconds. This increases the likelihood of the user finding the desired content regardless of its file name and maximizing search hits in a shorter more simplified search. Keywords can be added to one or multiple files with a few clicks. Keywords can be added onto existing keywords associated with families, or they can be set to completely replace existing keywords.
Key wording in the Work In Progress area is advised for adding thousands of keywords on mass. Adding keywords in shared libraries can be much slower as the content needs to be varieties that it is not checked out to any other user.
It is also best practice to keyword objects using the plural i.e. Doors instead if Door
- I'm the Work In Progress area,perform a quick search for a common abbreviation or other associated commonality between multiple files. For example, search for Sgl which is a common abbreviation for the word Single.
- The filtered results now display only those families with the chosen search string.
- Right click and choose 'Select All'
- Right click again and choose 'Edit Selected Info...'
- In the dialogue box, ensure 'Add Tags' is checked and in the box below, add your desired keywords separated by a comma.
- Click OK to complete the process.
- Finally, clear the search term used at the start and move onto your next keyword exercise.